Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Veggie Enchiladas

I took a look through my pantry this morning to find dinner inspiration. There it was, hiding behind a can of Rotel, green chile enchilada sauce. With no meat thawed, I decided on a quick and easy dinner of veggie enchiladas.

IMG_2545

Into a pan went: white corn, mixed bell peppers. I then added the can of green chile enchilada sauce and a can of black beans. Oh, and of course, cheddar cheese.

I let the whole thing simmer for a bit, pretty much as long as it took for the sauce to thicken a bit and the cheese to melt.

Meanwhile, the oven was pre-heated to 400 degrees and a baking pan was sprayed with cooking spray.

 

With the filling ready to go, I divided the filling (about 3 cups) between 6 tortillas. I used whole wheat, high-fiber tortillas. I covered the enchiladas with some shredded cheese and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes.

IMG_2546 IMG_2550 IMG_2551 I plopped a bit of sour cream on top and devoured. The best part? Between all the veggies and the high-fiber tortillas, these two enchiladas filled me right up.

Okay, so I’m not so filled up that I can’t enjoy some Ciao Bella Blood Orange Sorbet while I do some more studying. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment