Friday, September 24, 2010

Bar Review and Pizza Night

It felt like a long week. I had a ton of work to do and I finally feel caught up. I needed a boost this afternoon while working on a tedious lab assignment…

IMG_2598Oh, hi there SOYJOY sample! I have to admit, I’ve tried their bars before and was not wowed but this supposedly new and improved bar was pretty good!

IMG_2599It was banana flavored and sort of reminded me of banana bread. The texture of SOYJOY always takes me a few bites to get over, but the flavor was real tasting and not artificial.

After submitting my lab (!) and taking a little powernap (hey, I deserved it!)… it was time for pizza!

IMG_2600 IMG_2602IMG_2601 IMG_2604Not one, but FOUR blurry pictures of my pizza… grrr!  In real life, it was a good lookin’ ‘za, I swear!

I roasted 2 cups of chopped butternut squash coated in olive oil, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in the oven for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. While that was happening, I rolled out a ball of Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. I brushed on a few tbs of Roasted Garlic EVOO and when the squash was ready (slightly browned), spread it over the dough. Then came the sprinkling of crumbled feta (about 4 oz.) and some freshly grated parmesan, 1/3 of a chopped red onion and some crushed red pepper. I baked it on a pizza stone at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes.

It was incredible. So much flavor… if it wasn’t for the fact that I got sucked into Sons of Anarchy, I probably would have devoured the whole thing!

So glad I didn’t, now there’s some for lunch tomorrow! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment