Monday, September 13, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Love

IMG_2535

Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I’m super excited about the arrival of winter squash. I like the summer kind, but I love it’s winter cousin even more. Yep.

Yesterday at the supermarket I snatched up a spaghetti squash. I was so excited to bring it home and make it into something delicious. Sometimes different. Something unique.

So, I cooked it, scraped it into a bowl and ate it like… spaghetti. And I loved every single second of it. For real.

In the defense of my creativity, I did make a sundried tomato pesto to drop on top. That was an adventure. The mini processor was making some crazy noises. Puppy ran for cover. I almost did too. But it worked, phew.

So, I tell you. Go. Now. Buy a spaghetti squash. Cut it in half lengthwise. Clean the seeds and icky stuff out of the middle. Throw it in the microwave, cut side down, in a casserole dish filled with about 1-inch water. Heat on high for 8 minutes or so. Then scrape your “spaghetti” out. Enjoy. I know you will.

That’s all I have for tonight because I’m wiped out. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. nice dinner!!! im wiped out too after the day :) it was long one for a monday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash! I make a killer recipe with turkey sausage, parmesan, and some other yumminess. As soon as I get my hands on one of these suckers I'll have to make it and post it to my blog.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I grew spaghetti squash this year and have NO idea what to do with them. I'm so glad I found your blog & this post, now I know what to do with at least 1 of the 22 squashes I have :)

    ReplyDelete