Monday, September 20, 2010

Pan to Plate in 15 minutes

Can someone tell me why it is that after a relaxing weekend, I still feel so wiped on Monday?

I swear, my mind was on overdrive at work today. My stream of consciousness went something like this: hmmm, what am I going to make for dinner tonight? Should I stop and buy an onion at the farm stand? I don’t really need an onion, do I? I really need to write up my observation reports. And that paper too. Ugggh, I have so much laundry to do. Wow, it’s going to be 80 on Wednesday? I wonder if I should skip the gym and bring puppy for a walk at the beach. Did I give puppy his frontline this month? I need to make him a grooming appointment. Did I check my voicemail today? I should find a recipe using my new squash…

It went on, and on, and on like that alllll dayyyyy longggg. Obviously there were relevant work matters sprinkled in too. Well, how did my day pan out? I came home, put in a load of laundry and headed out to a rock show and got home at 8:30 to cook dinner and bang out masterfully complete some school work.

So this is my “clean out the refrigerator” Monday night Madness meal. Ready in just about 15 minutes flat. Win.

IMG_2571  15 Minutes from Pan to Plate Pasta

  • whole wheat linguine (enough for 1 person)
  • 2 strips turkey bacon
  • white wine
  • spinach
  • cherry tomatoes
  • garlic powder
  • fresh ground black pepper

I cooked my pasta according to the package.  Meanwhile, I fried up my turkey bacon in a pan with a spray of Pam. When the turkey bacon was good to go, I threw in the spinach and cook in the juices. Shortly after, I tossed in a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes, garlic powder and some ground black pepper. When the pasta was ready, I put that in the pan… poured a few glugs of wine into the pan and heated til there was no liquid left.

I then plated it and sprinkled on some freshly grated parmesan. There you have it, 15 minutes from pan to plate.

Here’s to a week full of fun recipes I’m excited to try and share! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment