Monday, September 6, 2010

“Sweet” Sweet Potato Burritos

I’m fortunate to have people in my life that love to cook as much as I do – if not more. Even more importantly, I’m lucky that our tastes are similar… bold, fresh flavors and imaginative combinations. It makes experimenting easy and more exciting.

What’s a more fabulous transition to fall flavors than a pulled pork and sweet potato burrito? 

IMG_2519

Into the mixer went (and this is from what I remember):

  • sweet potato (softened in microwave)
  • sour cream
  • jalapenos (chopped)
  • onions
  • garlic
  • cinnamon

IMG_2522 Blended ‘til smooth…

IMG_2533 Baked in the oven with the addition of homemade pulled pork (and plenty of cheese, of course) and on the side, a fresh vegetable medley with homemade cornbread crumbles.

IMG00068-20100905-2127 And we washed it all down with delicious Pumpkin Ale by Buffalo Bill’s Brewery.

I suppose it would be the arrival of pumpkin and Autumn inspired booze to make me feel a bit better that summer is on its way out. I’ll embrace the beer but drag my heels for a bit longer…

1 comment:

  1. i'd like this entire meal to be made on thanksgiving weekend in a-town...deal??

    ReplyDelete