Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Wonderful

IMG_2411

Last weekend mom made these Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. Cute, huh? I slathered them up with boysenberry jam and chowed down (ears first of course)!

Keeping with the Saturday morning pancake idea, I whipped up some pancakes yesterday morning.

IMG_2455

 

So mine weren’t shaped like Mickey Mouse, but they were yummy. I covered them in a thin layer of raw crunchy almond butter, yum!

These were made with yogurt and came out really light and fluffy!

 

Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
  • 1 egg  (or 1/4 cup egg substitute as I used)
  • 6 oz. 0% fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp splenda granulated
  • 1 tsp canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp regular salt

Beat egg, add all other ingredients, stir until just combined. Cook 1/4 cup batter servings on a medium hot griddle.

IMG_2457 Don’t those look so yummy? What’s in my cup?

IMG_2456 Starbucks Summer Blend

IMG_2458

 

Puppy napped, per usual, until I woke him up for a walk at the beach. Luckily puppy likes to take walks even more than he likes to nap.

 

 

 

IMG_2459IMG_2460  What a beautiful day!

IMG_2467

 

 

In my cup today, Starbucks Mexico Champas. A great start to Sunday. Now I must get ready for a party and then back to prepare for the work week, my vacation’s over :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment