Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Year That Didn’t Suck

It’s been a good year. A really good year, in fact. One of the BEST things that happened this year was I started this blog and have “met” some awesome people and learned a lot of things. Outside of the blogworld,

  • I moved. And it was a GREAT move. Our new place is better for both me and the pup (and I don’t hate not having to climb 6-flights of stairs many times every day). Don’t even tell me about the fitness benefits, when you are carrying groceries or doing laundry it SUCKS.
  • I started my graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology and I LOVE it. I don’t talk about my 8-4 gig on here, but let’s just say it’s relevant and inspired me to pursue this profession and I’m thrilled about that. Full-time working and grad school ain’t easy but it’ll be rewarding in the end.
  • I was inspired by many people in my life… people who are tremendously supportive and remind me to always remind myself what I’m truly passionate about despite set-backs.
  • I met one of my long-time friend’s baby! And held him, oh how time flies!
  • I travelled to NYC with the girls to celebrate our friend’s Bachelorette! We had a booty-droppin, rockin’ good time. Yes, I really did type that. Then in September, my friend got married!!!
  • I ran my first race EVER, a 5K on Thanksgiving morning (with my dad and one of my best friends) and had a blast despite the freezing temperatures!
  • I saw not one, not two, but all three of my longest, nearest, dearest friends at Christmas time. This has been very rare due to living abroad, travelling for the holiday and just general business.
  • One of my best friends got ENGAGED! She’ll be getting married to her love, a Brit, in October and I get to be a bridesmaid for the FIRST TIME EVER.

Wishing Everyone a Healthy, Safe, Happy New Year and Fantastic 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Shannon it sounds like you had a wonderful year! I can't wait to see pics of you in a bridesmaid's dress!

    ReplyDelete