Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Funday

Today was a great day. When I woke up the sun was shining, I had nothing pressing to do, AND I was in great company Winking. I relaxed for the majority of the morning and early afternoon decided I needed a pick-me-up.DSC06119

A hot, frothy Pumpkin Latte did the trick.DSC06121I made some Starbucks Verona coffee, on the strong side. Then warmed up some almond milk, pumpkin puree and a cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla spice blend. Delish!

DSC06122 Late afternoon, hunger struck. So I whipped up some pumpkin hummus. If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times I AM NOT SICK OF PUMPKIN YET! I know, I know. I have no shame. And this hummus was AWESOME.

Into the food processor went:

  • 1/2 can of drained/rinsed chick peas
  • 1/2 can pumpkin puree
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • about 1/4 c. tahini
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • a good glug of Frank’s Buffalo Sauce

Awesome with pita chips AND carrots. I’m seriously trying to get over my love/hate relationship with raw carrots. I don’t mind them dipped (generously) in hummus. I ate all seven you can see there on my plate.

quotetrees cred

Dinner was a Mama Pea recipe and some super easy, yet delicious, beer bread. But I’ll post more on that later. So I leave you with this, because I like it (both visually and because it’s something to keep in mind).

‘Night.

2 comments:

  1. I heart hummus with buffalo sauce. Who am I kidding, I use straight up buffalo sauce as salad dressing. Super delish with a sprinkle of blue cheese.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never tire of pumpkin. Never ever ever. It will be July and I will still be eating it. True story.

    That make-at-home latte sounds awesome! Need some of that in my life.

    ReplyDelete