Friday, May 27, 2011

Not to be corny…

DSC06902__sharpshot_active_Version1

but, you must make these amazing corn fritters! Like, now.

DSC06874__sharpshot_active_Version1

And then eat them atop a big pile of sweet baby greens. With lightly fried Roma tomatoes on top.

DSC06873__sharpshot_active_Version1

And green onions. Those are important too.

DSC06881__sharpshot_active_Version1

Oh and sandwiched between your fritters you’ll want to spread a layer of spicy Greek Yogurt and feta sauce.

DSC06876__sharpshot_active_Version1

The recipe can be found here. The only changes I made were to serve it atop sweet baby greens rather than arugula and I omitted the red pepper.

This was seriously one of the best recipes I’ve made in awhile. I loved the sweet corn in these. Aside from corn on the cob, I don’t know of many ways to prepare corn.

What’s your favorite way to prepare corn/favorite dish made with corn?

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Yum!! Looks great! I'm so glad you tried these and like them as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty colours! Alas, corn is most certainly not in season here right now, but I could always go the frozen route :) I like putting fresh corn into polenta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I would never think to do this - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVVEEE corn and since it's so abundant here in NYC, I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful photos you take! I enjoyed corn on the cob this weekend. this looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo yum! Corn fritters, they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I had corn on the cob this weekend too... SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete