Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Update

On Saturday morning, I packed up and hit the road for a weekend visit to my parents’ in Maine. Even though we got a later start than I had hoped, we made great time and arrived early afternoon. After a bit of relaxing, we took off for an early dinner.

imageA new restaurant just opening in town, Rooster’s. They boast coal fired pizza and 20 beers on tap.

IMG_2645 And the beer can be poured into a silo, complete with tap, so you can refill your frosty glasses tableside! Dad and I shared a 1/2 silo of Gritty’s Red Claw.

IMG_2644 How awesome it is to be able to refill your glasses at your own table. And the material the silo is made out of is twice as thick as a typical beer pitcher so it keeps the beer nice and cold. Win.

IMG_2646 We ordered the “Cheeseburger in Paradise” pizza to share. It was made on honey whole wheat dough and had a layer of ground beef, cheddar, tomatoes and shredded lettuce on top. In the little dishes there were pickles and Heinz 57.

The pizza was tasty and the beer was great. I’d say they might have some “kinks” to work out being a new place and all but they JUST opened so that’s to be expected.

Today I whipped up some of IGE’s Buffalo Chicken Dip for us to enjoy during the Patriots game.

IMG_2648 
Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:

8oz Low-Fat Whipped Cream Cheese

6oz Plain Greek Yogurt

10oz shredded chicken

1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided

3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided

1 1/2 Tablespoons Ranch Dip Mix

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, chicken, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and ranch dip mix. Spread mixture in an 8×8 glass dish and top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and buffalo sauce. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

IMG_2650 I served it up with some blue corn tortilla chips and carrots. Both were equally YUM with this decadent dip. There may or not be any left ;)

2 comments:

  1. Why do I feel like i've heard of Rooster's before? maybe it's a chain? Hmm. That pizza sounds awesome. I need to make something like that.

    Mmm buffalo dip. I'm a lover of anything buffalo-flavored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the dip tonight. Duane loved it. Next time he wants me to use crab meat instead of the chicken.

    ReplyDelete