Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Curry Couscous

If you can believe it, this meal was initially inspired by the leftover piece of whole wheat naan from last week’s butternut squash naan pizza. Like I mentioned yesterday, my goal is to use up stuff in the fridge and pantry rather than do a full-blown grocery shopping trip. So far, doing pretty good. And the pumpkin, well aside from the fact that I’m practically o’ding on it, I had some leftover from muffins. Everything else was in my pantry!

I found a recipe on Angela's blog for Pumpkin Curry Quinoa and went with it. Here it is:

Pumpkin Curry Quinoa Couscous

[Sauce recipe adapted from here which was adapted from here]

Ingredients:

  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (refrigerated kind)
  • 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
  • S & P
  • 2 heaping teaspoons curry powder
  • unsweetened coconut flakes to garnish
  • Cooked couscous

Directions for sauce:  In a medium-sized pot or large frying pan, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add vegetable broth, milk, pumpkin and curry powder. Stir gently to combine ingredients. Allow to simmer until flavors are well combined, about 8-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, stirring to combine, then remove from heat.

IMG_2649

1 comment:

  1. I would lovingly and gratefully OD on pumpkins if it meant that I got to eat this. That pumpkin curry sauce sounds dreamy actually.

    ReplyDelete