Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where is Santa?

Merry Christmas Eve, folks. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, then Happy Holidays to you and hopefully you are enjoying time with loved ones.

Currently I’m sitting by the tree, enjoying a glass of wine and watching Home Alone… one of my all time favorite holiday flicks.

In case you were wondering, I have an important update:

Capture

Santa’s current location is Tarrafal, Cape Verde. Looks like he’ll be crossing the ocean to our continent pretty soon though.

So, I saw this survey cropping up around the interwebs and thought I’d participate for fun (the wine helps).

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Always wrapped. That’s part of the fun!

Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Definitely white. Though I’ve seen trees tastefully done with colored lights, white it is for me!

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

I’d probably say stuffing or potatoes… though squash is definitely right up there! Oh and Christmas morning we always have some sort of coffee cake – I think I look forward to that more than Christmas dinner itself!

Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Definitely Christmas morning – my brother and I would wake up SUPER early and were allowed to open up our stockings. Then we’d watch a Christmas movie until mom and dad got up to open the rest of the gifts.

Snow? Love it or dread it?

I don’t mind it for Christmas – after that I’m quite all set.

Real tree or fake tree?

Real! My parents have always had real trees. I will say, though, that I don’t even get a tree for my place because I can’t stand the clean up – pine needles, woof.

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

Being with family and friends, of course, and just the “magical-ness” of the day.

What is your favorite holiday dessert?

We have different desserts every year, but I don’t think it’s Christmas without at least one peanut butter ball tasting!

What is your favorite tradition?

Again, Christmas morning. We have coffee, eat coffee cake and open presents in our pajamas. Typically there is a viewing of the Disney Christmas Parade at some point.

What tops your tree?

A star

What is your favorite Christmas song?

Carol of the Bells

What do you leave for Santa?

Nothing, both of the Santa’s in this house are watching their figures Winking smile

Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

See above.

Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

I did a little bit of both this year.

Wishing Everyone a Happy, Healthy Holiday and New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment