Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fresh Caprese Summer Rolls

DSC06973__sharpshot_active_Version1

Fresh, fragrant basil. Juicy tomatoes. Creamy mozzarella. Nothing says “summer” like a Caprese salad.

DSC06975__sharpshot_active_Version1

I ate them everyday when in Italy. Okay, not everyday. I was there for 3 months. But I would have. If I wasn’t drinking bottles of chianti and eating bread dipped in buttery olive oil.

DSC06979__sharpshot_active_Version1

These are simple. Spring roll (rice paper) wrappers. Fresh basil, tomato and mozzarella. 18 year old balsamic for dipping.

DSC06988__sharpshot_active_Version1

I have thought about these every day since I made them. Make them. You will think about them every day after too. Bring them to a party, your fellow partygoers will hug you. No promises, but they should.

DSC06989__sharpshot_active_Version1

Inspiration here.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love all of the ingredients and would never think to put them in spring roll wrappers. Such a cool and refreshing meal, definitely adding these to my meal planning list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so fun - what a great idea! perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this just has me craving margherita pizza. never thought of the wrappers though, good idea!

    ReplyDelete