Thursday, June 23, 2011

All The Colors

DSC07069__sharpshot_active_Version1

Summer is finally here, well at least that’s what the calendar says. It seems like the weather hasn’t quite decided yet but hopefully soon warm weather will be here to stay. With that said, I did take advantage of the warm weather earlier this week to make a delicious “summer themed” dinner.

DSC07063__sharpshot_active_Version1

First up, a delicious fruit salsa.

I used:

  • 1/2 c mango chunks
  • 1/2 c pineapple tidbits
  • 1/4 c red pepper, diced
  • 1/4 c red onion, diced
  • 1 T lime juice
  • 1/4 c Boston Olive Oil Company coconut balsamic vinegar, reduced over heat to 1/8 c

I mixed all of the ingredients and chilled salsa for about 30 minutes before serving.

DSC07062__sharpshot_active_Version1

On the side, I made a Chili-Lime Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad.

I used:

  • 2 c corn kernals
  • 1 c baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 T LeRoux Kitchen butter flavored olive oil
  • 1 T lime juice

In a grill pan, I heated up the olive oil and then cooked the corn until it started to brown. I added cayenne and lime juice and finally the heirloom tomatoes.

DSC07060__sharpshot_active_Version1

I grilled up a few chicken tenders in my grill pan and then served the chilled fruit salsa on top and the corn and heirloom tomato salad on the side. It was not only quick to prepare, but it was full of delicious summer flavors.

Happy Summer!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me long and long and long and long for the end to winter down here! I wish I could move somewhere with an eternal summer... and you as my personal chef ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer dinners like this! The fruit salsa looks fabulous. I've been obsessed with mango salsa lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I love salsa...if it's mild :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's so pretty and looks straight from a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how wonderfully colorful summer dinners can be. This one looks like a rainbow which means it MUST be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the bright look of this meal! great way to spice up a chicken dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE fruit salsa. so summery and delicious. your dedication to foodie creativity is seriously enviable :)
    ps. i did make my header on my blog! im kind of obsessed with doing those things. lol

    ReplyDelete