Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Online Bake sale and Macaroons!

Before I tell you about these super simple, yet ridiculously addicting macaroons, please please check out Bloggers Bake for Hope! I am excited to be a part of this online bakesale, all proceeds to go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure Affiliates.

There are already SO many amazing items listed! Online bidding will take place between May 4-6, 2011. I encourage you to take a look and next week, bid on delicious treats created by talented bloggers and bakers!

My White Chocolate Lime Cookies are up for grabs, they are deeee-licious!

cookies

Obviously, I encourage you to vote for whatever strikes your fancy though! And please spread the word! It’s a win-win, you get treats delivered to your door and the cause gets the $!

Now, onto the macaroons…

Did I mention these were addicting?

DSC06730__sharpshot_active_Version1

Yes, I did mention that. But did I mention that they have only 40 calories apiece?

Well, now I did. Not kidding.

Did I mention I ate two for second breakfast this morning?

It’s the truth.

DSC06726__sharpshot_active_Version1

{Easy, Delicious, Addicting Macaroons}

Ingredients:

  • 3 large egg whites
  • 2/3 c. sugar
  • 2 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat egg whites until peaks form… or your arm feels like it’s going to fall off (in my case). Add sugar a bit at a time, keep whisking with egg whites. Whisk in vanilla and then stir in coconut until well-mixed.

Spoon into level tablespoons and drop onto parchment paper. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove when they have turned a golden brown.

*Makes 32 cookies

DSC06737__sharpshot_active_Version1

2 comments:

  1. I love macaroons and that recipe is super easy I will have to make these

    ReplyDelete
  2. addicting, for sure :) fabulous donation!

    ps- love your white chocolate eggs, too. Those were dangerous!!

    ReplyDelete