Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sauteed Potato Gnocchi

For the past week or so I have had my eye on the package of potato gnocchi in my pantry, waiting for inspiration to hit. Today it did. The idea and the ingredients all fell into place: sliced baby bella mushrooms, fresh baby spinach and grape tomatoes. The gnocchi was store bought, this particular package I picked up at Trader Joes.

I cooked them according to the package directions (cook in salted boiling water until they start to float and then 2 more minutes after that). I then transferred them to a saute pan I had where I had heated up olive oil and a bit of butter spread with a dash of rosemary.





After a few minutes of moving them around the pan, I added the vegetables and cooked until everything was warm. I plated the dish and added some fresh grated parmesan on top in addition to fresh ground black pepper. The end result -- delicious. Not only was it a good looking dish with lots of colors but the flavors all melded perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment