Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Nice Little Sunday...

It's been a scorcher in New England the past few days. I thought it was supposed to be a bit cooler on Sunday so I planned that to be my "good eats" day. Well, it wasn't 'cool' by any means... though a few rain showers did bring the temperatures down just a VERY little bit.

I've been in the mood for a nice gourmet grilled cheese and at the same time, I've been looking to use my Lemon Honey Fromage Blanc. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Found it back in May at the SOWA Open Market in the South End and now I cannot get enough of it. It's made by Foxboro Cheese Company and is absolutely delightful.

So I decided, upon returning from my monthly pilgrimage to Trader Joe's, that I would make a grilled turkey and cheese using the fromage blanc AND the Havarti Dill I picked up at TJ's. Wasn't sure how the two would compliment each other, IF AT ALL, but they did and it was lick-my-fingers delicious!


It all started with the bread, Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane... then the cheeses and turkey were added...

And the final product...

No comments:

Post a Comment