Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend recap

IMG_2355 On Thursday night I made chicken salad and roasted red baby potatoes for dinner.

  The chicken salad was light; I used Greek yogurt and a few tablespoons of Dijon mustard  in place of mayo and added in green onions, dried cranberries and slivered almonds. The potatoes were quartered, coated lightly in olive oil and seasoned with a bit of garlic powder and dried rosemary. I baked them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and then broiled them for an additional 10 minutes until browned.

IMG_2361

After having a deliciously refreshing Moscow Mule at Stoddard’s in town on Friday night, I decided I HAD to recreate the drink at home. My Moscow Mule:

  • crushed ice
  • juice of half a lime
  • 2 shots lime vodka
  • topped off with Gosling’s Diet Ginger Beer

So, SO awesome. Now I just need one of those copper cups to drink it out of…

IMG_2369

The weekend was topped off with a visit to the SOWA Open Market’s 1st Annual Food Truck Festival. It was a gathering of many of the Food Trucks that set up shop around the city during the week.

The lines were extremely long and we finally decided to wait it out in the line for FillBelly’s. The Food Truck usually offers fried chicken and waffles but when we arrived they were out of wafflesIMG_2367. We decided on the regular fried chicken, the “Mac & Soul Casserole” and the “West Indian” plate which contained fried pork, rice and beans and fried plantains.

It was a long wait but the food was quite tasty. I enjoyed the fried plantains and fried chicken tremendously.

IMG_2371

 

 

 

 

While waiting, I also sampled some Pesto by Pestos with Panache. My favorite was the Prosciutto with Smoked Almond. It was so tasty. My second favorite was the Fabulous Fig and Gorgonzola.

All in all, a great afternoon and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment