Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Success

This was tonight’s To-do list:

  • go to supermarket IMG_2319
  • do the dishes
  • take puppy on a long walk
  • make hummus
  • fold laundry
  • make pizza for dinner

I’d say I did alright. Though both of us could have used the walk, puppy is fast asleep by my feet and I’m not far from bedtime myself. Laundry hardly ever gets crossed off my list, I swear no matter how much I do, there is always more. Sigh.

Well, my first attempt at making hummus was a huge success. I asked one of my co-workers today if she had any advice for my hummus, her reply was “lots of garlic and lots of lemon”. Seemed like a standard recommendation, so I went with the experts. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised by the consistency of the Tahini. I see why they call it “Tahini Paste” now, it reminds me exactly of paste (not flavorwise!). Anyway, into the food processor went: 2 cans chick peas, 1/4 cup Tahini paste, juice of 2 lemons, 6 whole cloves of garlic and about 1 tbsp reserved liquid from the chick peas. In the end, I added a drizzle of EVOO and pulsed a few more times. It’s creamy but not too creamy and has a great, yet subtle, lemon flavor. I’m so excited to make this on the regular!

More on the pizzas another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment